Chief Healthcare Technology Officer
The chief technology officer contributes to strategic business planning regarding the technology and systems required to maintain operational effectiveness and competitive position. The CTO plans the strategy for developing information systems, and acquires the hardware to meet application needs. The CTO delivers a range of IT-enabled business change initiatives that allows leadership to meet their strategic obligations in accordance with their expectations of quality and within agreed-upon costs.
The CTO recognizes new developments in information systems technology and anticipates organizational modifications. Additional responsibilities include ensuring the reliability of corporate data, proprietary information, and intellectual property. This position functions as a top-level contact to assist end users in determining IS technical requirements and solutions, and is responsible for the day-to-day delivery of all IT services related to infrastructure and operational support.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Information Management, Engineering or related field.
- 5-10 years experience in a senior technology position, chief technology officer or chief technology architect in a multi-entity, complex and distributed environment.
- Ability to conceptualize, launch and deliver multiple, sound technology solutions as needed.
- Works comfortably and communicates effectively with senior management.
- Deep understanding and proven track record over several years in IT strategy delivery, and excellent awareness of the strategic goals and ability to define and influence those goals.
- Experience and knowledge of best practices related to IT service delivery management.
- Experience with technology architecture strategy.
- Detailed knowledge of telecommunications, data center management information management, systems design and architecture, capacity planning and current state of hardware development and utilization.
- Understands the importance of information technology management to the delivery of care in a 7 x 24 environment and ensures application availability within set standards.
- Provides clinicians and other members of the health care team with the right information at the right time through the availability of seamless, accurate information.
- Preferred: Masters degree in business or information technology.